theALPINAregister.com Forum Index theALPINAregister.com
The Forum section of www.theALPINAregister.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Site SearchSite Search   Forum SearchForum Search   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobile phones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> Charles's Blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Mobile phones Reply with quote

Last Christmas I mad the mistake of giving No2 son (who is 14 next month) a Blackberry on contract.

Since then, his school report has included such wonderful statements as:

"If he were to put as much effort into his academic work as he does his social life then he would produce some excellent results"

We were all young once and even I recall my first encounters with girls, so I probably shouldn't begrudge him a life, but what has really bugged me is the phone itself.

After a few months, it started shutting down for no apparent reason - although I put it down to excess usage whilst messaging girls. Vodafone were supportive and provided a new battery FOC to see if this was the problem, but to no avail. Eventually we sent it off and they returned a new handset because they claimed the time needed to repair the old one was too long. Not bad customer service, in my book.

Anyway, the new phone starts taking a hammering and then we find that, if the battery is run down to empty, then the phone is incapable of charging because it doesn't have enough juice in the first place to reboot the software which controls the charging!

Problem is now solved with a high quality piece of equipment from China which has charged all three batteries fully (Vodafone actually sent me two replacements) and now No2 son is happy again.

Even more pleasing is that he has rediscovered his enjoyment of reading and his phone usage has dropped as his reading has increased. Even with three fully charged batteries and a fully functioning phone, I cannot get his head out of the books Shocked
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!
ali
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head back in the books is a good thing IMO
Perhaps finally the novelty has worn off?

When phones go wrong it really annoys me as I have had to send my very carefully looked after iPhones off a couple of times over the years and the same as yourself you get sent back a different phone that you have no idea how it has been looked after.
If I handed my Alpina into a garage and got given someone elses in return I don't know that I'd be too happy about it
B3 3.3 Touring #108
B10 V8 #540
shaziman
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBooks.....?
Alpina, BMW and Detailing Enthusiast
AG
ALPINA
ALPINA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

proper books all the way for me, I have to feel and smell those books.

1985 e23 B10 (sold)
1995 B3 saloon switchtronic (sold)

http://www.facebook.com/BmwE23AlpinaB8B9B10
http://www.facebook.com/AlpinaB3E36AndE46
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theALPINAregister.com Forum Index -> Charles's Blog All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: