Planning for the winter

Rambling from the Sage of Oxford

When do you change over to winter rubber?

End of October/Beginning of November
90%
When I remember to do so
No votes
When I have to scrape the windscreen in the morning
10%
When I've had my first scary moment of the season
No votes

Total votes: 10

E24man
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by E24man » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Last edited by E24man on Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rcshott
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by rcshott » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Hahahahaha, GOTCHA! :lol: :lol:
'nuff of the rough/tech stuff, now for the smooth. Vodka from Yeramcha in the Capartian mountains (we're under 2 hours away in Ivano-Frankivsk) the local vodka is "breath"taking. AND very cheap... AND as smooth as silk. It's really only acquired locally or close by. But I've discovered another brew, "Bazarm". It's VERY black... made from flowers (presumably not dead ones) and flower seed, 47% & packs a punch not unlike napalm...
:blow
Also drunk as a shot, it goes down smoothly & soon has one smiling. Mmmmmm $USD5.00 (roughly 3 quid) a 26oz bottle. About 5 - 6 times more in Kiev! A single shot in my city cafe's is about 50p. Screen-wash IS more expensive... but I've not tried it...yet! :oops: But I get your point on MINUS! It was -32 when I arrived (5th trip) in Feb this year & I reckon it's gotta be difficult to drive in 4+ feet of snow, even if the car had square wheels & spikes.
Hmmm international plates... now there's a thought! Should be good on a licence outside the Euro zone (so points don't carry) yet still be international (away) from Ukraine. The local BMW club are already teaching me other bad things too.
1989 B10 (2nd owner. For sale)
1997 E39 V8 (current daily in UKR)

jamesa
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by jamesa » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:08 pm

As with many other aspects of motoring it`s (having the right tyres for the conditions) not only yourself that one should consider.

They just might help you avoid someone who is less able / equipped :wink:
Ex. B10 V8 Touring #160 Alpina Blue : Current M2 DCT (OG)