Be very wary...

The place to discuss ALPINAs currently for sale - discussing ALPINAs other than your own.
rincewind
AL
AL

Be very wary...

Post by rincewind » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:17 pm

of this car, a 2002 BMW ALPINA B10 3.3 AUTO

http://www.clickcars.co.uk/FullAdDetail ... odelid~127
This is the reply I got back from an email I sent. It's got to be a scam.

Hello,
I apologize for the delay, I'm in the military and that's why I couldn't reply in time. I don't have access to a phone, so we will communicate through e-mails. Anyway, thank you for your interest in buying my car... I was deployed yesterday in Gibraltar and I think I'll stay here for a while that's why I'm selling it so cheap. I intend to buy a new car when I'll get back home. I will use a third part to sell this car (PayPal or Escrow.com). Let me know if you are interested in a purchase.

Thanks, Michael

It's probably not the car that's dodgy, just the advert.

B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by B10BRW » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Definately a scam, same car has just been on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280993340797? ... 1438.l2661

John_C
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by John_C » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:07 pm

I'm not convinced the eBay add isn't a scam too. The seller's ebay password is, shall we say, not that hard to guess and the account had been dormant for some time.

Also a business seller called serviceparts2010 suddenly has business name of BOOKS R US, with an address that doesn't exist and a postcode that points to a shopping centre? Yeah.... that's kosher.

I'd steer well clear.

rincewind
AL
AL

Post by rincewind » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:58 pm

There's a lot of these around atm. Anything that says paypal and especially Escrow is to be avoided like the plague. Mate a work nearly got had when looking for a 320Cl Merc for his missus, saw one on PH for well cheap and when I did a little digging is was ascam - PH outlines the formats on its scam warning page.

If it looks too good to be true....