BMW Driver....just how they get their bad reputations.

Ok we have one - here's an opportunity to have one - if you got a point of view about something and want to share it - here's where you do it.
ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

BMW Driver....just how they get their bad reputations.

Post by ade and liz flint » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:08 pm

So, yesterday morning, Liz and I (in seperate cars) set off from very near the flooded river Axe in East Devon to try and make our way home from the deluged south of England to sunny Wales.

Anyway, biblical qualtities of rain had fallen and were still descending. Roads were running like streams, fields were flooded and pouring over the roads. We were covering a number of B and U class roads until we got to Taunton, with a brief excursion on the A303 (whish was flowing like Niagara in places :shock:

So, we 'forded' several flooded roads (right on-the-limit stuff) until in our mirrors, on one of the narrow B roads (an old Roman road) we each caught a glimpse of a green BMW E46 saloon. Now, there was standing water, flooded areas of tarmac and ditches so we were in a long line of traffic doing 10-15mph. He passed us each, in turn, ducking in and out as approaching vehicles made 'tender' progress. He passed me at about 40mph, looking back at the 'smart' BMW he was leaving in his wake. I gave him the wave of recognition reserved for such considerate motorists :lol: I somehow hoped he would stop as I was in the mood for a discussion on his driving skills, or alternatively, I hoped to see him 'parked' in one of those flooded ditches without having harmed other road users.

Swear ing idiot

What the trip home did hammer home to us both was the ineptitude of many drivers in such conditions. We spoke to a guy in a saloon car who had 'broken down' whilst fording one of the flooded areas as some twonk in a 4x4 came through against him and flooded his engine with the wash. We also witnessed drivers pushing fellow motorists off the high side of the road and into the deeper water...some were towing caravans which were like mulberry bridges with the amount of water they were displacing. It was utterly ridiculous, when all that was needed was a little thought and consideration.

Rant over. feel better now :twisted:
Current:
23MY Porsche Macan GTS in Papaya
23MY Cupra Born V3 77kW in Aurora

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S, Cayman 981 GTS

I_MNL
ALPINA
ALPINA
Location: Manchester, Cheshire and Hertfordshire! Driving on the motorways...

Post by I_MNL » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:19 pm

I have seen a lot worse in drivers of all these posh Range Rovers that just sail like Range Boaters now :blow
And the name is Marie-Noëlle or nick name MNL, NOT Marie or Noëlle ALONE; unless if you are looking for someone else and not me!!!
Car: D3 saloon 2007 and...a couple of cats made in 2003! and a little Scooby WRX STi...

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by ade and liz flint » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:39 pm

I_MNL wrote:I have seen a lot worse in drivers of all these posh Range Rovers that just sail like Range Boaters now :blow
They're 'all right, Jack' and that's all that matters to them in their pseudo-lounges. Bugger the plebs in their little canoes :lol:
Current:

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E91 B3SBiturbo #127, E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'beige' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.

B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: BMW Driver....just how they get their bad reputations.

Post by B10BRW » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:56 pm

ade and liz flint wrote:So, yesterday morning, Liz and I (in seperate cars) set off from very near the flooded river Axe in East Devon to try and make our way home from the deluged south of England to sunny Wales.
Good job you left for home when you did Ade, my sister lives in Honiton and she said that Honiton was cut off yesterday.
I have been back from France for a week, and I have not been able to clean one very dirty Alpina :shock:
It has rained every day, not much point in putting a wet car back in the garage :( .

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Re: BMW Driver....just how they get their bad reputations.

Post by ade and liz flint » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:30 pm

B10BRW wrote:my sister lives in Honiton and she said that Honiton was cut off yesterday.
Yes, Honiton was already cut off when we left yesterday am, and the routes out of the village were closed shortly after we departed; partially due to fears the flooded bridge over the Axe was under too much load to risk anyone driving over it in flood (it had a police chopper hovering over it warning drivers away)....and seeing the states of the roads in the area, we're not surprised Honiton was cut-off. Deliveries from Honiton which usually arrive at the outlaws every day (inc. during snow) didn't arrive :roll:

Incredibly, home had been in sunshine all day (as we were later gleefully told at the rather overcrowded pub last night). Gave the BT a bit of a de-coke last night as she was orange from the local soil in Devon :evil: The engine bay still is.... :oops: I'm glad that, so far, no-one seems to have spotted me in the past week as during the 900 or-so miles, she became disgustingly filthy :evil:
Current:

Previously loved: