M5 Colours

The place to talk about BMs

Moderators: neil, D4, msw

Paul-L

M5 Colours

Post by Paul-L » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:28 pm

I have just bought a 1999 M5 (E39) and discovered your excellent web site by chance. Was wondering if someone could help me with a question. The car is a very dark red / wine metallic colour. I have not seen another one, does anyone know what the colour is called, how many where produced or where I can find out. many thanks, Paul

neil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by neil » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:09 pm

Believe it or not this is a common question - the colour is very rare and people are never quite sure what it is.

try this link BMW Colours

Also the Mecca for BMW M5 owners (if you don't already know is: M5board.com

Chiaretto Red is my guess

Oh Welcome btw !

Paul-L

Post by Paul-L » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:08 am

Thanks for that Neil, the car looks darker than the image on the BMW site but it must be the right one! Thanks for the link to the M5 Board, I will go and have a look. The car is excellent, I'm very happy with it. Takes quite a bit of getting used to the power which is astonishing. It is very easy to stray over the motorway limit! It may be prudent to invest in a road angel or snooper. The car has sat nav, do you know if it is possible to use the in car sat nav system in conjunction with au updated CD to alert the sat nav to camera locations without having to purchase a whole new gps system? Many thanks for your help, Paul.