Page 4 of 4

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:32 am
by richb10touring
I 'm 27 and my B10 isnt ready for collection yet but I fear the police may pull me over quite alot because I'll look like I've nicked it! I may wear a fake beard and flat cap? Any other suggestions?
I second Charles! I've had no problems with being a young'un; I'm 27 too and without wanting to tempt fate I haven't been pulled over in my Alpinas since I got my first when I was 24 (naturally both mine have been "previously loved"!). In fact the only time I have been was whilst driving a 1.4 Diesel Focus - oh the irony!

Of course if you're really worried you could just leave it in D and drive everywhere at 50? :shock:

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:47 am
by ade and liz flint
Charles wrote:As for the poll, I would be interested to see the breakdown between D and B cars, as well as seeing the ages when first purchased and whether the car was new or "previously loved". This is all about affordability as I am sure the arrival of a £30k new ALPINA has shifted the demographics ....
Agreed...helped us to afford ours. Otherwise, we'd be in an Msport again :D

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:57 pm
by Tinker
Charles wrote: As for the poll, I would be interested to see the breakdown between D and B cars, as well as seeing the ages when first purchased and whether the car was new or "previously loved". This is all about affordability as I am sure the arrival of a £30k new ALPINA has shifted the demographics ....
Is the mix Diesel vs Petrol or D vs C vs B vs A vs Z (1 and 4) ?

I had my first Alpina when I was 28 (a B3 3.3) and have had quite a few since (6) and as of Thursday next week will be Alpina less for the first time since my 28th Birthday ...

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:27 pm
by Charles
Tinker wrote:Is the mix Diesel vs Petrol or D vs C vs B vs A vs Z (1 and 4) ?
There are several ways that I would like to cut the data to explore:

Diesel/Petrol vs Age
New/Used vs Age
New/Used & Diesel/Petrol vs Age

... to name but a few. My thinking is based around the impact of the D3 becoming available and how this has changed (or otherwise) the demographics and behaviours of ALPINA owners.
I had my first Alpina when I was 28 (a B3 3.3) and have had quite a few since (6) and as of Thursday next week will be Alpina less for the first time since my 28th Birthday ...
Sorry to hear that and hope you are back in the saddle again soon.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:13 pm
by DonFlintoni
Charles wrote: There are several ways that I would like to cut the data to explore:

Diesel/Petrol vs Age
New/Used vs Age
New/Used & Diesel/Petrol vs Age

... to name but a few. My thinking is based around the impact of the D3 becoming available and how this has changed (or otherwise) the demographics and behaviours of ALPINA owners.
You make some interesting points there Charles and its something ive been thinking about recently.

The D3 has clearly expanded alpinas appeal and placed the brand within the scope of a much wider demographic.

I for one wouldn't have considered owning a petrol Alpina until I was into my forties as financially the figures don't stack up for me at the moment, so upon discovery of the D3 and the early models falling into my affordabiliy bracket the Alpina brand came onto my radar when looking to replace the old E46 coupe.

Some may consider the D3 as diluting the brand but to me it represents progression and a brand in tune with the ever changing market pressures most notably emissions and economy vs performance.

Maybe a tech wizz forum member could set up some web based database in to which each member of the forum could post their details. The information in the database could then be manipulated to summarise the information in a format to suit your needs.

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:52 pm
by Tinker
Charles wrote: Sorry to hear that and hope you are back in the saddle again soon.
Never say never, but I honestly don't see what I'd want in the current range - and I have enough old cars not to have another old one.

Having said that I would not say no to an A4 ... but my wife might.

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:04 am
by bazoff72
HEY WHERES THE CATAGORY FOR 30ish :roll:

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:34 pm
by Helios28
Alright! I seem to be the youngest Alpina Owner to vote! I just bought my first, a 1990 BiTurbo, the car is only one year younger than I am. Needs some work, but overall a sound vehicle (summer driver only of course). This is my first post, and I'm glad to be part of such a great community!

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:35 am
by 164 coupe
Helios28 wrote:Alright! I seem to be the youngest Alpina Owner to vote! I just bought my first, a 1990 BiTurbo, the car is only one year younger than I am. Needs some work, but overall a sound vehicle (summer driver only of course). This is my first post, and I'm glad to be part of such a great community!
Welcome and congratulations on a stunning first Alpina. :D
You should maybe post your introduction in the General section.

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:45 am
by dep
My other half drives the car and she is 22

Re:

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:16 am
by I_MNL
Helios28 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:34 pm
Alright! I seem to be the youngest Alpina Owner to vote! I just bought my first, a 1990 BiTurbo, the car is only one year younger than I am. Needs some work, but overall a sound vehicle (summer driver only of course). This is my first post, and I'm glad to be part of such a great community!
Welcome!

Re: Alpina driver age demographic including Poll

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:17 am
by I_MNL
My dad keeps on saying that I am 12...but hey ho...I will add some years on that! :lol:

Re: Alpina driver age demographic including Poll

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:35 pm
by Norrie
Probably going to throw a spanner in the works here, had Company cars right up until 2008 and ALPINA was not on the list. Acquired and ALPINA at over age 50, never been stopped in it, because I look like a sad old man.

Re: Alpina driver age demographic including Poll

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:13 pm
by Philrose
That's quite a surprise. I'm unfortunately in the extreme minority section. :D

Re: Alpina driver age demographic including Poll

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:09 am
by simon13
this pol is too late! lol I bought my first alpina at 23 so was young once!