Alpina B5 #1

Thought we'd tempt out our budding photographers. Share your photos. We'll add different themes from time to time.
F-tar

Post by F-tar » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:58 am

Oh, it was an M3 there aswell, didn't notice at first. But what a carpark. M3 M5 and a B5. M3 has lack of power compared with B5 but it has a smother chassi. Straight forward B5 is fast but on curvy roads M3 would win any day.

Indeed you are going fast before you even know it. About the AMG that is the best feeling! You just put him in place.. It's always fun to find someone who wanna go :D
BMW ALPINA B5 #001

Jervint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Jervint » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:19 am

Enough about me though! This is a thread about B5 No. 1 - I have seen so many pictures of your car online. I always thought it had the Cherrywood but it looks in your pictures to have the same wood as mine.

Can you tell us any more about the history? Who was the first owner? Or the second?

What did you swap for it? The E60?

Chris

F-tar

Post by F-tar » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Oh yes, before i bought it i was online and watching all the pictures from the show in 2005. I drooled all over the PC. I was so exited to go and pick it up, the first ride back home, wow! What i feeling. I was scared when hitting the gas. I dont think i have cherry wood, i'll attach an image later on and you'll see. I was thinking to get the Alpina specs/equipment list but hasn't paid for it yet but i will. They charge 20eur for that info.

Anyways, the only owner of the car was alpina themselfes in Germany and 9 months later it was imported to swe thru "Jarls bilservice" and sold to the first owner for 1,4 millions :O It was an older man who bought it at the time. So time flies and in 2012 the car was for sale again and another older man bought it and had it for 2 yrs, rarly drove it. So then i saw it and the man who had it was intrested on a swap with money aside ofc and we made the deal. The car has the service book complete with document. Its at clean car with honest owner's. So im the 3rd "real" owner of the car.

The first thing i had to do was a service on engine oil, micro filter, sparkplugs and vehicle inspection.. BMW here in town did the job and it wasnt cheap. I was there in the workshop all the time to keep a good look at my baby ;)

So that was the long story short. Hit me with any questions if i was unclear about anything :)

Some pics again, just came home from the garage and a nice wash :D

And this was my previous E60 530i 2004

Pee-brake on the was to the deal :D Exited as hell, nice weather too!

I tell you, this was my baby too :D

Enjoy guys
BMW ALPINA B5 #001

Jervint
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Jervint » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:51 am

Thanks for the pics...looks super in blue with the decals. I prefer the window trim de chromed but hats just my personal choice.

I'm sending mine for a full service and inspection. It only needs spark plugs but will change oil and filters and have the car checked over. It's worth it...

It's a fantastic motor...enjoy it.

PS. I am so ordering a gearstick like yours!

Hodge
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Hodge » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:07 am

That is a proper interior :D

Enjoy
Mark Hodge

E46 B3s Coupe #19 (sold)
E46 B3s Touring #29 (sold) bought back 2023
Daily -
TTS DSG (Not for carrying dogs)
X5 45e (For carrying dogs)
VW R32 MkIV (weekends)

F-tar

Post by F-tar » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Jervint: You're welcome :) Some spots of the decals are a little worn but i might change them! I know, i wan't shadowline like my last e60 but is it right to do so? Change the original looks of the alpina B5 #001?? I have been suffering quite some brainwashing thinking about it. Its nice to have the spark plugs checked cus wait until it starts missfire, mine did every start almost but when changing them the fault was gone.

Hodge: Yes its a special interiour, dunno if i should hate it or love it. First on my list is leather care cus them previous owners hasnt cared about it.
BMW ALPINA B5 #001

F-tar

Post by F-tar » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:43 pm

Dunno if this was smart to add led's to angel eyes and fog lights?

Any thoughts on that? :O
BMW ALPINA B5 #001

mr dalive
ALPI
ALPI

Post by mr dalive » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Stunning car & being #001 makes it that much more special in my eye's.

Hope you have plenty of fun with it
BMW ALPINA B3 3.3 Cabriolet #011

Mitsubishi Shogun 3.5gdi (the family workhorse)

F-tar

Post by F-tar » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:01 am

Oh yes, its fun to be the #001 ;) I've had a lot of fun with this one this summer.. Sad its time to let it rest during winter. 318i e36 here i come -.-
BMW ALPINA B5 #001

sward
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by sward » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Hello F-tar
What a beautiful car. I sat in it at the Geneva show in 2005 and I still remember how lovely the leather was. I really like that 2 tone combination.
Regards
Simon

F-tar

Post by F-tar » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:24 pm

sward: Wow! That is amazing to see, and even more amazing to have been there at the release, can only imagine.. Hard to understand that that is actually the car im driving! Thank you for the pic, you made me smile!

Sorry for the late reply but there are so many forums to keep in mind :)
BMW ALPINA B5 #001