B10 V8S - finding insurance cover & loosing the will to.

ALPINA Costs - Insurance, Depreciation, Oil Usage

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Simonal
ALPIN
ALPIN

Post by Simonal » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:00 pm

CaPtBlaCk wrote:
Simonal wrote:
CaPtBlaCk wrote:
Simonal wrote:Adrian Flux do quote for the V8s and get the right CC too
I spoke with them yesterday and they had no V8S on the system They also confirmed this with their underwriters!? :?
Hi that is worrying because I am with them for my V8S and they have all the correct details down including engine size so I am not sure why you cannot get a quote from them!

They were the cheapest when I rung around last year and of course I will do a comparison this year when I come to renew.

Hope that helps PM me if you need more details.

Cheers

Simon
Nice one Simon - I just called again and spoke with Amie and have finally got a decent quote on the correct vehicle specification!

Best so far as well! :o
Excellent glad I could help sometimes it is who you speak to at the brokers which gets you the right quote for the car.
V8S Touring

RichardMC

B10 V8s

Post by RichardMC » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:50 pm

I have Admiral multi car policy for my B10V8s plus Toyota Yaris, current annual price £530 Comprehensive from December 2009, both garaged here in Surrey, low mileage. When I bought the V8s in June 2006 I had the V8 4.6litre insured thru Admiral. Admiral did not know about the V8s variant, hardly surprising since there are so few in UK. Pointed them to Alpina Register and Alpina germany websites, once I had convinced them it was not a Japanese import and then a day later they added V8s to their list and gave me insurance so I could buy the V8s. Happy days. No problems ever since, price static, will happily keep paying to avoid having to search for a new informed insurer

CaPtBlaCk
ALP
ALP

Re: B10 V8s

Post by CaPtBlaCk » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:37 pm

RichardMC wrote:I have Admiral multi car policy for my B10V8s plus Toyota Yaris, current annual price £530 Comprehensive from December 2009, both garaged here in Surrey, low mileage. When I bought the V8s in June 2006 I had the V8 4.6litre insured thru Admiral. Admiral did not know about the V8s variant, hardly surprising since there are so few in UK. Pointed them to Alpina Register and Alpina germany websites, once I had convinced them it was not a Japanese import and then a day later they added V8s to their list and gave me insurance so I could buy the V8s. Happy days. No problems ever since, price static, will happily keep paying to avoid having to search for a new informed insurer
:hand Double post
Last edited by CaPtBlaCk on Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------
B10 V8S ~ #094
-------------------

CaPtBlaCk
ALP
ALP

Re: B10 V8s

Post by CaPtBlaCk » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:38 pm

RichardMC wrote:I have Admiral multi car policy for my B10V8s plus Toyota Yaris, current annual price £530 Comprehensive from December 2009, both garaged here in Surrey, low mileage. When I bought the V8s in June 2006 I had the V8 4.6litre insured thru Admiral. Admiral did not know about the V8s variant, hardly surprising since there are so few in UK. Pointed them to Alpina Register and Alpina germany websites, once I had convinced them it was not a Japanese import and then a day later they added V8s to their list and gave me insurance so I could buy the V8s. Happy days. No problems ever since, price static, will happily keep paying to avoid having to search for a new informed insurer
Nice one Richard, your past efforts have certainly helped me out!

Please feel free to apply to the other insurance companies to get the V8S listed... :lol:
-------------------
B10 V8S ~ #094
-------------------

CaPtBlaCk
ALP
ALP

Post by CaPtBlaCk » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Cybermush wrote:Try Cheam Insurance on 020 8652 7733. I've been with them for a couple of years now. Not a big outfit but ask for Justin Blandford he knows his stuff!

Trevor.
Hi Trevor - it took a while to get a quote and they were sadly uncompetitive at this time. However I updated the list to include them for future reference.
-------------------
B10 V8S ~ #094
-------------------

CaPtBlaCk
ALP
ALP

Post by CaPtBlaCk » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:17 pm

As a final update until next year, Chris Knott got my business, however the documents listed the car as a B10 V8 (4619 cc) :doh

Amendments made in pen and documents sent back, let’s see what comes back... :snooty
-------------------
B10 V8S ~ #094
-------------------