Alpina Insurance

ALPINA Costs - Insurance, Depreciation, Oil Usage

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Post Reply
bmw virgin
ALPIN
ALPIN
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Essex.

Post by bmw virgin » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:50 pm

Received my insurance renewal -

Your Car:- 2004 B3S Coupe
Your Age:- 53
Location:- Hornchurch, Essex
NCD:- 10yrs
Other people insured:- partner (55)
Insured with:- Admiral Multicar
Direct or through broker:- Direct
How much:- £540

Not bad compared to last year...Alpina part of cover has risen by about £43. I also have a late 96 328i Msport coupe, which HAS risen a fair bit compared to Esure, the company it was with previously....now £351.

I'll still look to see if I can get it cheaper or maybe threaten to leave Admiral. :lol:
Colin
2004 Titanium Silver E46 Alpina B3s Coupe #090
2014 Black Sapphire F32 Alpina B4BT Coupe #16

Ikule
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 2003
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: South Manchester

Post by Ikule » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Alpina Jim wrote:So why are you avoiding Elephant then Steve?
I guess you are getting an agreed value insurance with a company that gives you a bit more confidence than a run of the mill insurer that doesn't recognise the true value of our cars.
Elephant don't insure modified on a like for like parts replacement as Flux do plus the agreed value is something i would like to continue with,
in the new year i will be phoning around various insurers of modified cars to see what they can offer,
Greenlight insurance being one of them (i was with them years ago on my Turbo converted Astra), my current insurance doesn't run out till 17/01/12 anyway so plenty of time yet :wink:
Steve C



'98 B10 3.2 #88 (for summer cruising)
'04 Mini Cooper S (commuting/sacrificial shopping trolley target....)
'94 325i Coupe SOLD
'88 Vauxhall Senator 3.0i SOLD
'90 Astra MkII GTE 16V (Turbo conversion) SOLD

bmw virgin
ALPIN
ALPIN
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Essex.

Post by bmw virgin » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:38 pm

Update..
bmw virgin wrote:Received my insurance renewal -

Your Car:- 2004 B3S Coupe
Your Age:- 53
Location:- Hornchurch, Essex
NCD:- 10yrs
Other people insured:- partner (55)
Insured with:- Admiral Multicar
Direct or through broker:- Direct
How much:- £540

Not bad compared to last year...Alpina part of cover has risen by about £43. I also have a late 96 328i Msport coupe, which HAS risen a fair bit compared to Esure, the company it was with previously....now £351.

I'll still look to see if I can get it cheaper or maybe threaten to leave Admiral. :lol:
The overall premium with Admiral is £891.88. I tried Axa but they weren't even close, neither was LV. Adrian Flux nearly got my money at £805.42 but it was A-Plan @ Thatcham that pipped them at the post with lower excess & a premium of £798! :D

I called Admiral with a view to a better deal, but the best they could do was £814 +higher excess. :(

So, I'm happy with a £90+ premium reduction, lower excess & the same cover!! :lol:
Colin
2004 Titanium Silver E46 Alpina B3s Coupe #090
2014 Black Sapphire F32 Alpina B4BT Coupe #16

Ikule
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 2003
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: South Manchester

Post by Ikule » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:58 pm

:(

Greenlight can't help because the 3.2 is not on the ABI database, the 3.3 is so that would have been quoted on :roll:

in the end i decided to stay with Flux at £880

oh well its only money......... :doh
Steve C



'98 B10 3.2 #88 (for summer cruising)
'04 Mini Cooper S (commuting/sacrificial shopping trolley target....)
'94 325i Coupe SOLD
'88 Vauxhall Senator 3.0i SOLD
'90 Astra MkII GTE 16V (Turbo conversion) SOLD

User avatar
Alpina Jim
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 1367
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:34 pm
Location: Near Portsmouth

Post by Alpina Jim » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Ikule wrote::(

Greenlight can't help because the 3.2 is not on the ABI database, the 3.3 is so that would have been quoted on :roll:

in the end i decided to stay with Flux at £880

oh well its only money......... :doh
Oh well, at least we have one well off 3.2 owner on the forum then. :roll:
Jim

'98 B10 3.2 #174 in Alpina Blue owned since 13th Sept 2002.

Ikule
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 2003
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: South Manchester

Post by Ikule » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Alpina Jim wrote:
Ikule wrote::(

Greenlight can't help because the 3.2 is not on the ABI database, the 3.3 is so that would have been quoted on :roll:

in the end i decided to stay with Flux at £880

oh well its only money......... :doh
Oh well, at least we have one well off 3.2 owner on the forum then. :roll:
Elephant don't offer the cover I am after Jim so thats why I didn't go with them,
what hurts my premium is that it is a modified car which, when you consider the problems owners have getting insurance quotes on standard Alpina's, cuts my options down even further,
that coupled with a city location (even though its garaged) means I will always be paying at the top end sadly,
imagine what I would be paying on an M5 :shock:
Steve C



'98 B10 3.2 #88 (for summer cruising)
'04 Mini Cooper S (commuting/sacrificial shopping trolley target....)
'94 325i Coupe SOLD
'88 Vauxhall Senator 3.0i SOLD
'90 Astra MkII GTE 16V (Turbo conversion) SOLD

John B10
ALP
ALP
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:59 am
Location: Angus, Scotland

My experience of Admiral multicar.

Post by John B10 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Previously had two seperate policies. One with Elephant for my Alpina B10 3.3. The other for the E61 525D with Admiral. The previous annual premiums were £306 and £420. To renew on a Multicar Policy the combined premium would be £503 using the same terms as previous. I think this is very reasonable so I may not bother shopping around.
John Anderson

jamesa
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:23 pm
Location: Aberdeenshire

Potential Alpina owner

Post by jamesa » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Having been considering a BMW / Alpina for the last few months and having driven an E61 M5 Touring - M3 saloon - B5 saloon I thought it time to check the cost of cover.

The M5 Touring and a recent interest in a B10 V8 Touring provided the subjects for quote.

After claiming for our Touareg being written off last year there was always going to be a `hit` even though it was on a separate policy.

My current insurer LV had the M5 slightly more than my current `98` A4 quattro :!: but :D whereas they would not entertain the B10 :?:

Adrian Flux quoted 1200 for the B10 with full no claims :!:

Admiral have just quoted 1150 for both cars after using the no claims on the B10. A4 @ 440 ... B10 @ 710 :)

Now to try out the B10 ...
B10 V8 Touring #160 Alpina Blue ... SOLD

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 7092
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: Potential Alpina owner

Post by ade and liz flint » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:09 pm

jamesa wrote:My current insurer LV had the M5 slightly more than my current `98` A4 quattro :!: but :D whereas they would not entertain the B10 :?:
LV are getting 'difficult' with new Alpina business - their underwriters told me last year they would not offer new policies but didn't make it clear if they meant on 'new' or 'old' models they already cover some owners of.
Current:
E91 B3SBiturbo #127
981 Porsche Cayman GTS
Focus STline dog wagon

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'grey' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S

ALPB1033
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 2028
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:38 am
Location: Leicestershire, UK

Post by ALPB1033 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:05 am

Mine has been covered with LV again this year. This time (£908)£7 less than last year with unlimited business milage including European travel.

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 7092
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:33 pm

Post by ade and liz flint » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Having acquired (actually re-acquired my old car) a winter runabout and general domestic hack (ie refuse movement and building material hauler) we're changing to Admiral multicar as their quotes for our situation were simply unbeatable. So, we're covered as follows:-

D3BT saloon (group 37, 5k miles/annum) £370 - commences 29/05/12
Roadster S (group 44, 5k miles/annum) £490 - commences 21/09/12
Astra 2.0Dti shooting brake £274 (group 13 :lol:, 3k miles/annum) - commencing immediately

Sum cost £1134. This compares with some £1300 we were paying for 2 separate policies on the Alpinas last year. The other major 'benefit' (but hoping never to use this feature) is an accidental damage excess on the D3BT and Astra of £250, £300 on the Roadster - we were up to £600 on the D3BT and £650 accidental damage excess on the Roadster.

All 3 policies are 'guaranteed' NCD, legal expenses cover and enhanced personal injury cover.

Our details:
Ade (D3BT and Astra cover) age 46 (nearly 47 :lol: ), 12yrs NCD D3BT, 11yrs Astra
Liz (Roadster S cover) age 33, 9yrs NCD

Both clean licenses etc etc, living in SA46 postcode. Alpinas garaged, Astra on the 'drive', all S,D&P, and commuting usage.

Thankyou Admiral multicar! :D
Current:
E91 B3SBiturbo #127
981 Porsche Cayman GTS
Focus STline dog wagon

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'grey' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S

jamesa
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:23 pm
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Potential Alpina owner - update

Post by jamesa » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:00 am

jamesa wrote:Having been considering a BMW / Alpina for the last few months and having driven an E61 M5 Touring - M3 saloon - B5 saloon I thought it time to check the cost of cover.

The M5 Touring and a recent interest in a B10 V8 Touring provided the subjects for quote.

After claiming for our Touareg being written off last year there was always going to be a `hit` even though it was on a separate policy.

My current insurer LV had the M5 slightly more than my current `98` A4 quattro :!: but :D whereas they would not entertain the B10 :?:

Adrian Flux quoted 1200 for the B10 with full no claims :!:

Admiral have just quoted 1150 for both cars after using the no claims on the B10. A4 @ 440 ... B10 @ 710 :)

Now to try out the B10 ...
Bought a B10 V8 Touring and insured with Competition Car Insurance as a Motorsport Support Vehicle, will be towing my trailered Mk1 Golf GTI ... 562 with an 8k mileage limit.
B10 V8 Touring #160 Alpina Blue ... SOLD

zedwheels
ALPI
ALPI
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:25 pm
Location: South Wales

Post by zedwheels » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:25 pm

That time of year again to renew the insurance. so this may help someone. :cry:
Been with Admiral for the last year with insurance on wife's fiesta and
now, since my change from a Z3 to the Alpina roadster.
Had my renewal notice from Admiral and to be fair it wasnt bad at all.
But, you must shop around, obligatory!!
Some like Aiva were over a grand just for the Alpina.
Anyway, in the end i have renewed with A plan, advertised in the straight six mag. Much better cover, even has the policy excess cover included.
Noted my 3 points and the wife had a no fault accident three years back.
Had the Alpina cover for £460 and the fiesta for £315. That has protected NCD, euro travel, legal cover and courtesy car. Fully comp. on both and two named drivers.
I also have to say it was no hastle dealing with them, you actualy get to
speak to a person straight off, no machine....... :D
Image

Number 105


Registered No. 105

User avatar
VCat
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:28 am
Location: South London

Post by VCat » Wed May 02, 2012 7:53 pm

Well, having had a year of Future Classic Insurance with Hagerty at £258 (mmm!) they have said their underwriters have changed their policy and won't quote me happy.

So shopping around- best is Adrian Flux at £480 but will try Peart and A-Plan as well.

Dan


Long time no post...

Martin870
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:22 pm
Location: Bedfordshire

Post by Martin870 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Gone with admiral again on a multicar policy
4 cars
B3 saloon 2000my £262 garaged
328i coupe for my 24yr old daughter £454 drive purchased last week
1.4 corsa £190 garaged
2.0 Astra £190 drive

Daughter also has a ka insured separately which will now have to go

All at 6000miles
All for commuting except the alpina
Quite pleased with that

Post Reply