CTEK mxs10

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Paulb
ALPINA
ALPINA

CTEK mxs10

Post by Paulb » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:22 am

Bought a CTEK 10 the other day to keep one of the works cars charged, but as the B3 battery had been flattened recently I thought i'd put it on the recycle battery program.

Little did I know that the program will take around 30 hours plus so had to stop the cycle part way through, but the starting power of the battery was noticeably better already.

Which makes me think there's something in what they do - so i'm after some first hand experience feedback from folk who have used them - do they leave them connected over a weekend say or how do you use them?

Cheers
Nothing to see here.... move along in an orderly fashion please!
E91 D3 Bi-turbo Touring #004 - (sold)
E46 B3 3.3 Saloon #032
F31 D3 Bi-turbo Touring #172
Mk1 Focus RS #516
Mk3 Focus RS Heritage #8 of only 50
and a 1987 Sierra RS Cosworth (currently being restored)

jamesa
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by jamesa » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:06 am

Leave it connected for as long as possible ...

It restored a recent flat battery on the B10, over a few days ...

(I have an early `basic` unit, one programme only)
Ex. B10 V8 Touring #160 Alpina Blue : Current M2 DCT (OG)

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by simon13 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:11 am

ive got one and its a mains plug in job but it has several functions restore, normal charge, cold temp charge and supply - which you can change the leads and connect it to the cars battery leads and keep the car supplied with power for what ever reasons like a battery changover. Some cars are sensitve like e60's to battery changes and need the dealer to code them! You could do this yourseld and avoid the main dealer i guess

Long winded way of saying its brilliant

Geoff
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Geoff » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:26 pm

My B3 is not used daily and sometimes doesn't come out to play for weeks at a time. I leave mine permanently connected to the CTEK and just unplug it when I take it out for a drive.
You can get a fly lead to connect to the battery with a plug on the end. This makes putting it on charge and disconnecting very easy.
I was in an Aston Martin dealership some years ago and every car in the showroom was plugged into a CTEK.
B3 BiTurbo Coupe (#104)
B10 3.3 (#055) Sold
Austin Healey 3000 BT7 (Sold)

Every day is a winding road.