New Brakes - front and rear

Got a question about your ALPINA ask it here !
You've got the car now you need to know something, techincal advice, specific questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

benmk

Post by benmk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:18 pm

Following up, it turns out that BMW werent lying about the track rod although everything else WAS a little porky!

So Im now buying the official BMW complete arm for 112 quid plus vat from recommended West3 Ltd. No patent parts was the reason to use West3. Ive been advised that the full arm is the better option rather than just doing the end. Hopefully some of you guys can give your advise on this point??

Then the labour will be for the cost of a couple of beers as the guy that does my alighnment said "dont get it fitted, just bring it along and i'll put it on for you when I do all the tracking".

Pleased just to be getting the car back to how it should be now!!

And all done without the main dealer and less strain on the wallet. :P

Trueblue

Brakes

Post by Trueblue » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:00 pm

I've also had a similar situation with Sytners after they serviced my B10V8s recently, I apparently needed front discs and pads at a cost of £1,450. When I took a wheel off I found the discs to have sufficient wear left for another 20k miles.

When I do replace them next year can anyone give advise as to the best place to buy them from, smeone mtioned Europarts in the thread earlier.

Bruce M
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by Bruce M » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:15 pm

Unfortunately, unless someone knows different, the custom V8S brembo front brakes are only available from Alpina via a BMW dealer.

However, if you get the part numbers and place a request with bmminiparts.com you get a quote with a fat discount.

Then you can get them fitted at indie rates.
--------
Gone but not forgotten

Trueblue

Post by Trueblue » Mon May 03, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks Bruce, I think you're right about only being able to get Brembo discs direct from Alpina, I thought I was being clever and approach Alpina (Germany) direct thinking I could cut out BMW UK and any mark-up they put on it but they will only sell them direct through the BMW UK dealer route.

Will give BMmini.com a look though, thanks.