D3s touring for sale

Thinking of Buying one - ask your questions here.
Buying guides, Specific questions about a car, or about a particular model, ALPINA characteristics.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

vblanche
ALPINA
ALPINA

D3s touring for sale

Post by vblanche » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:24 am

Hello,

does someone know if Mike Constantine (D3 touring for sale in the classified ) is still selling his car?

Also, does anyone know anything about the D3 touring at Sytner Nottingham?

thanks in advance
vincent

stevie
A
A

Post by stevie » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:25 am

I can have a look at the one in nottingham on Tuesday for you. I am taking my car in on Tuesaday so will be there. Let me know if you would like me to check it out. I could ring you while I look round it if you like. Or I can just post a response on it condition.

vblanche
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by vblanche » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Hello Stevie,

That would be great. Thanks so much for offering. I'll pm you my mobile number.
Also, I will not be able to go to Nottingham before next year now. Hopefully, the car will be still available...

thanks a lot again.
vincent

stevie
A
A

Post by stevie » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:00 pm

Got it. Will hopefully be in touch tuesday. All depends if it keeps snowing!
I ve been out in mine when the snow just started :shock: , and all I can say is it wont be going out again whilst there is snow about.

vblanche
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by vblanche » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:45 pm

wow...so much snow. Thanks anyway. Driving on snow is tricky...no need to take risks.

by the way, what kind of price does winter tyres go for an alpina D3?

cheers
vincent

Misko
ALP
ALP

Post by Misko » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Seems that the only available one (UK suppliers) in 265/30/19 is Vredestein Wintrac Extreme which is around £200 per tyre and the matching fronts, which there are plenty around, are ~£125 each so £650-£700 for a set including fitting.

For a while, I was looking into getting 16/17” BMW alloys so I can put cheaper tyres, but it was still coming to £450-£500 so just gave up.

May be worthwhile to check with someone from your old country, I’m sure there is much greater choice there.
2007 D3 #323 - sold

stevie
A
A

Post by stevie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Saw the D3 touring today at Nottingham. It was not on the front forsale so had to ask for it. I was taken into the prep area where it was awaiting detailing. All the tyres had plenty oh tread on and only one of the wheels had a scuff, this was going to be repaired though. The paint work was good allround with just a small scuff on top of the rear bumper, also to be repaired. The interior was clean. Overall a clean car that should be spot on when fully preped. The privacy glass was after market. I did try to call you whilst I was there but you must have missed my call. If you need to speak to anyone at Nottingham about it, then speak to James. He is the man that knows all about Alpinas. Hope this is of some use to you.

vblanche
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by vblanche » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:02 am

Hi,

Sorry I missed your call, was busy with the baby...again sorry. But many thanks for looking at the car, that's very kind of you. I'd like to see the car and test it but it will not be before january now if it's still available. I'm in contact with someone at Sytner Newport (much closer to me than nottingham), he seems to say that he could have the car in newport. to be continued...

Stevie, thanks a lot again.

vblanche
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by vblanche » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:16 pm

stevie wrote:Overall a clean car that should be spot on when fully preped. .
Hi, do you think the car is worth the asking price?

The person at Sytner newport is trying to arrange for me a test drive of a D3 demonstrator, so finally I might be able to test drive a D3, then will try to negotiate with this touring at nottingham. for this test drive, he said it will be the bi-turbo, how does it compare with the single turbo (except for the obvious difference in power)?

thanks

stevie
A
A

Post by stevie » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:19 pm

I would like to pay a bit less for it. Not due to condition but just because I think it is a stong price. The only problem is the lack of tourings on the market, thus holding the price high. If you do go for it then I would make a list of extras you would like with the car and just see how many they will through in with the deal.
As for the difference with B/T ans M/T, this has been discussed on here before. I had the joice of both and can say that both are very good to drive. The B/T seems to pull from lower down the rev range than the M/T, so you tend to change down a gear rather than make the engine work. When you are driving at pace, then there seems less between them. I wasnt put off buy the M/T at all. Hence why I bought one. :D

vblanche
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by vblanche » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:40 pm

the only D3 touring available has been sold this week... :cry:

I guess it will take a while before another D3 touring is for sale...