Silver B3s today

It's got so popular I thought it deserved it's own section.... Share your sightings and Photos of ALPINAs and not quite ALPINAs<br/>
nealpina
ALPINA
ALPINA

Silver B3s today

Post by nealpina » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:32 pm

As above today, and the driver was driving towards Tottenham Court Road at about 18:15

I was walking and I heard the sweet sound of an IL6 and knew that it was a BMW but there was something special about the sound. The driver floored it for a very brief second (in a control and a safe manner), I believe this is what caught my attention or should I say my ears LOL. It was rather refreshing to hear an ALPINA instead of driving one because I had the same sort of feeling to when I first saw my first ALPINA, an E21 several years ago, which was: I want one of those when I am older. I was walking for the next several minutes with a pleasant grin because it is not that often I hear any car to sound that sweet, and it also rekindle for me what makes an ALPINA so special.

It may have been this car:

Oscar Wilde & Burkard Bovensiepen: I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

ALPINA B3 3.2 Coupe Switch-Tronic ALPINA Blue
ALPINA B10 3.3 Saloon Manual Mora Metallic

nealpina
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by nealpina » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:13 am

Spotted again yesterday (Tuesday), and roughly in the same location. I did take a very quick mental note of the licence plate number, but I cannot remember it now, I therefore am unable to confirm if it is the same car as my previous post.

The car looked fantastic and it was music to my ears listening to the sound of the ALPINA B3s yesterday :D

I took a very quick photo of the car but it is not a great picture :oops:

Oscar Wilde & Burkard Bovensiepen: I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

ALPINA B3 3.2 Coupe Switch-Tronic ALPINA Blue
ALPINA B10 3.3 Saloon Manual Mora Metallic